All About Moose News Blog

Types of Thai Visas Available for Foreign Nationals

Jun 18

There are several different types of Thai visas. These visas are based on ministerial law. Initially, the Minister of Interior issued visas under the sections of the Immigration Act, 1979. However, this role was transferred to immigration officers in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the National Police Bureau. Since then, Thai immigration policies have changed a great deal. Read on to learn more about the different types of Thai visas available to foreign nationals.


Thai Tourist Visa

To visit Thailand, you will need to obtain a Thai Tourist Visa for foreign nationals. Before you apply for a visa, you should have all necessary documents. You must provide a valid address for the duration of your stay in Thailand. However, you can provide the first address you stay at in case you change hotels. In such a case, you can also get a Visa Company to help you with the application.

To apply for a Thai Tourist Visa for foreign nationals, you must first contact the nearest Embassy or Consulate-General of Thailand. You should also inquire about the fees before applying. Applicants from certain countries may have to apply at a Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate-General. For details, please check the list of authorized offices. You must also submit the completed application form, valid passport, and travel documents. There are different types of visas.


Thai Marriage Visa

The process for applying for a Thai marriage visa is fairly straightforward. You must first obtain a 90-day non-immigrant O visa from the Thai embassy in your home country, or a neighboring country. Once you have this, you must travel to Thailand to allow the immigration office to process your initial non-immigrant O visa. Once you arrive in Thailand, you must present all required documents to the Immigration Bureau. Once you've applied for a Thai marriage visa, your new married life begins within the last 30 days of your 90-day stay permit.

There are some rules involved with getting a Thai marriage visa. First, you must have sufficient funds in a Thai bank account to cover the costs of your stay. You must also report your address to the embassy every 90 days. In some cases, you may be able to extend your marriage visa indefinitely. Once your visa expires, you must reapply for it. Alternatively, you can extend your stay in Thailand for up to three years in order to become a permanent resident.


Thai Retirement Visa

The Thai Immigration Office offers two different types of retirement visas. Long-stay retirement visas (O-X) are for people who have reached the age of 50, but do not plan to work in Thailand. The O-X visa is effectively two five-year visas in one, but there are certain criteria to meet in order to be eligible for the O-X. To be eligible for the O-X, you must have a valid passport and income of at least $2,000 per month.

To be eligible for the Thailand retirement visa, you must be over 50 years old and be a permanent resident of your home country. To qualify for the visa, you must have no criminal history in your home country. You must also be a citizen of the country you are applying from and not have any illnesses or conditions that would prevent you from staying in Thailand. For more information, visit the official website for more information. Once you've applied for a retirement visa, you'll receive the appropriate documentation.