All About Moose News Blog

US Visas For Thai Citizens - Which One is Best For You?

Jul 4

There are several US Visas for Thai Citizens. The K-1 Visa and its benefits are a good example. The K-3 Spouse Visa and CR-1 are also good examples of US visas for Thai citizens. But which one is best for you? Read on to learn more about the two types of visas and their benefits. After you know what you should expect from each one, you'll be better prepared to make your application.


K-1 Visa and Benefits

If you are planning to get married to a U.S. citizen, then you should apply for a K-1 Visa. This visa enables foreign nationals to marry U.S. citizens and adjust their status to permanent residents. A K-1 Visa is a dream come true for many people. Whether it's for a job opportunity or just to visit family and friends, the K-1 visa will make your dream come true.

The K-1 visa will allow your fiancee to visit the U.S. for 90 days. She can then marry your petitioner and apply for permanent residency. During this time, she can learn more about American culture and lifestyle. However, this visa is only valid if you've been married for at least three months. In addition, your fiancee must be a U.S. citizen before she can get a K-1 Visa.


K-3 Spouse Visa in Thailand

To obtain a K-3 Spouse Visa in Thailand for a Thai citizen, a couple must be married in Thailand. Although cohabiting partners are not considered spouses under Thai law, common-law partners can apply for the K-3 visa if the marriage certificate was not legally recognized in their country. This requirement is for legal reasons and must be disclosed to the Embassy. If you have a criminal record in the United States, you must disclose this information to your Thai spouse during the Embassy interview.

Once you have completed the necessary steps, the next step is to file Form I-129 with the USCIS and at the U.S. consulate in Bangkok. When you have successfully filled out the application, you can go to the consulate for an interview with your Thai spouse. During this interview, your Thai spouse should show medical documents and police records. The K3 visa will then be opened by a U.S. border officer, who will check if the paperwork is authentic.


CR-1 Visa in Thailand

The US Embassy in Bangkok has resumed routine nonimmigrant visa services on October 1, 2020. However, because of the backlog of cases, they have limited the number of interviews per day. Those who are eligible for the CR-1 visa process should contact the US Embassy Visa Unit to make arrangements. For the time being, visa interview appointments are available through the US Embassy website. If you are a Thai citizen, please contact the Embassy directly to apply for a CR-1 visa.

If you are looking to marry a Thai citizen, then you must first apply for a CR-1 visa. The CR-1 visa is available to same-sex couples. However, if you are married in Thailand, you will not be able to apply for permanent residency while you are in the US illegally. If you are married in Thailand, you will need to hire an immigration attorney to make sure that you are not entering the country illegally.