All About Moose News Blog

Thailand Visas For Foreigners - Marriage Or Retirement Visas For a Long-Term Stay

Jul 10

If you're looking to move to Thailand permanently, one of the best options is to get a marriage or retirement visa. Both require a non-immigrant visa and must be converted into these types of visas before entering Thailand. A marriage or retirement visa will allow you to stay in Thailand for one year without having to cross the border every 90 days. In addition, you won't have to worry about the hassle of crossing the border every time you want to go somewhere else.


Thai Marriage Visa

You can apply for a Thai Marriage Visa for a long-term stay in Thailand by following a few steps. The first step is to visit the Immigration Office in Thailand. Then, you need to find out how to apply for an extension. The process takes about four weeks but may take longer if you are applying for an extended stay in Thailand. If you plan to extend your stay in Thailand, you can go directly to the immigration office or use an agent.

Once you've applied for the marriage visa, you need to prove that you are married to a Thai citizen. To qualify for this visa, you must have a valid Non-Immigrant Visa O from your country. Then, you need to translate the certificate into Thai. You must also have your Thai spouse's consent. Once you've obtained this visa, you'll be required to visit the Immigration Department in Thailand at least once every six months.


One Year Thailand Visa

Before you apply for a One Year Thailand Visa for foreigners, you should check with your government office to make sure that the visa will be valid for the entire period you intend to stay in the country. Besides ensuring that your passport is current, you should provide at least one recent passport-sized photo and proof that you have sufficient funds to support yourself while in Thailand. You must also be sure to have plans for outward travel.

For settling down in Thailand, a marriage visa or retirement visa is the most appropriate option. The marriage or retirement visa is valid for one year. This visa type allows you to marry a Thai citizen and stay in the country without being forced to cross the border every 90 days. Once you are married, you can extend your retirement visa for another year, and you can return to Thailand without paying any fees. However, the retirement visa must be renewed annually at the Thai Immigration Office.


Getting an Immigration Law Firm in Thailand

Getting an Immigration Law Firm in Thailand can be helpful in a variety of ways. A lawyer at this firm will be able to guide you through the complicated process of getting a visa and the resulting processing times. A lawyer at this firm will also be able to offer you a wide range of helpful information. The immigration laws and procedures in Thailand can vary from one country to another, so it is important to get the advice of a legal professional.

Obtaining a long-term Thailand visa for foreigners may involve reporting your address to the Immigration Office every 90 days. While you may be tempted to report your address at the last minute, it is always best to make this early. The 90-day count starts when you arrive in Thailand. By consulting with an immigration law firm in Thailand, you will avoid unnecessary hassles.