All About Moose News Blog

Which is better for my Thai wife CR-1 Visa or K-3 Visa?

Jul 29

If I want to bring my Thai wife to the US, I can apply for a K3 visa instead of the CR-1. The K3 visa process is less complicated but requires more paperwork, so it can take several months. However, the K3 visa is faster than the CR-1 visa, and the process will be similar if I get a K1 visa in Thailand.

Check the article What is a CR-1 Visa?

The K3 visa is similar to the CR-1 visa in that it gives the spouse of a U.S. citizen a lifetime in the U.S. and a work permit. The K3 visa also requires the husband to apply for adjustment of status, which will eventually lead to permanent residency status. Hence, it is best to get legal advice from an immigration lawyer in Bangkok, Thailand.

K-3 Visa or CR-1 Visa?

The CR-1 visa has many benefits for the sponsoring spouse. It saves the Thai spouse the trouble of adjusting to her new status in the U.S. By applying for this visa, she'll receive her conditional resident card and Social Security number and will be able to start working right away in the U.S. In addition, the CR-1 visa Thailand saves the Thai wife from having to adjust to her new status.

The K3 visa, on the other hand, is not so easy. It requires more paperwork, but the benefits are worth it. The K3 visa also allows my Thai wife to live with me legally in the United States. As long as you can prove your commitment to her, the K3 visa is an excellent option for you. And as long as she's willing to work, she'll be a great addition to your family.

In addition to the K3 Visa, the CR-1 visa offers several benefits. While K-3 visa does not have a time limit, it does allow you to marry your Thai wife without requiring a green card. It can also be easier to process your green card in the U.S. If you're unsure about whether your Thai wife needs a green card, you should talk to an immigration attorney.

A K-3 visa allows you to bring your Thai wife to the United States, but the processing time can take five to seven months. During this time, your Thai wife will be able to apply for an Adjustment of Status once she's in the country. The K-3 visa is cheaper than a CR-1 visa and can also be processed faster. The K-3 visa also allows your wife to work in the U.S.

Depending on the duration of your relationship, the CR-1 visa is the more expensive option. You can marry a Thai national, but the CR-1 visa is better for people who have been married for less than two years. After the two-year limit, you must file for a lift of the conditionality. You can apply for a K-3 visa instead if you've been married for two years.

Besides the paperwork, the CR-1 Visa process also involves an interview. During this process, the US Embassy in Bangkok will contact you to arrange the interview. Once this is complete, the Thai wife will receive her US Visa. The K-3 visa process is not nearly as difficult, but you will need to wait until she reaches the US Embassy before you can get married. Thereafter, you will be able to get her permanent residence visa.

Similarly, you can also apply for a K-1 Fiance Visa. While the processing time for the CR-1 Spouse Visa has been reduced significantly, it is still slower than the K-1 Fiance Visa. You should not be confused by the two visa types. While the CR-1 Visa is easier for a U.S. citizen to get, it is still faster for international couples.