All About Moose News Blog

US Visas Available for my Thai Fiancee

Oct 20

There are several steps involved in the process of applying for a US visa for my Thai fiancee. The first step is to file a petition with the USCIS. It is important to follow the proper procedure and make sure that all documentation is correct. Improper documentation can cause delays. Immigration experts can assist in managing cases and ensuring that everything goes smoothly.

Applying for a K-1 Visa in Thailand

There are a few things you must know when applying for a K-1 Visa in Thailand for your Thai Fiancee. To get a K-1 Visa, you must meet the criteria laid out by the U.S. government. You must have met your Thai fiancée in person within the last two years and both parties must be legally free to marry. You must also meet the poverty guidelines of your state and have a minimum annual income of USD 20,000. There is also a special poverty rate for those on active duty in the US military.

The first step in the application process is to fill out a form. The form is called Form I-129F and must be filed with the U.S. Consulate in Bangkok or Chiang Mai. If you are applying online, you may use a template to complete the form. Once the form is completed, send it to the National Visa Center (NVC). Once the NVC processes the petition, it will send it to the US Embassy or Consulate in Bangkok. Once the US Embassy has received the petition, they will issue it to your Thai fiancee.

Adjustment of Status

If your Thai fiance/fiancee is planning to come to the United States as a permanent resident, you will need to apply for an Adjustment of Status. You can also apply for a US visa if your fiance/fiancee is living in Thailand. But before you do so, you must make sure your Thai fiance/fiancee is in the country on the right visa. This is because bringing them into the country on a tourist visa may be considered fraud by the US government and the USCIS, and they can be deported.

However, you need to remember that you have to meet certain criteria in order to get a green card. First, you must be a citizen of the United States. You can also get a visa if you are married to a U.S. citizen. This is a process that may take a while to complete. Moreover, it is not free, so you have to pay the appropriate fees.

CR-1 Visa for my Thai spouse

If you have a Thai spouse and want to immigrate to the United States, you need to follow certain steps in order to get the CR-1 Visa for your spouse. The first step is to file a petition with USCIS. If approved, the petition will go to the National Visa Center, which is part of the U.S. Dept. of State. There, you must complete additional forms, such as a financial Affidavit of Support. Next, the petition will be sent to the embassy of the country where your spouse resides. There, your spouse will have to undergo an interview with the embassy.

Once you meet these requirements, you and your spouse can apply for the CR-1 Visa for my Thai spouse. The American Sponsor must be an American citizen, and the Thai spouse must be a legal resident of Thailand. You must also have a legal marriage, and the Thai spouse must not have a criminal record or history of multiple offenses. The sponsor must also have a minimum income level. If you can meet the minimum income requirements, you can also apply as a Joint Sponsor.