All About Moose News Blog

Long-term Thailand Visas for Foreigners

Dec 14

Those who wish to travel to Thailand on a long-term basis are eligible to apply for a visa. There are different types of long-term Thailand visas for foreigners, including business and marriage. There is also a Thailand retirement visa.

Thailand Retirement Visa

Obtaining a Thailand Retirement Visa is a great way for foreigners to enjoy life in the country. This type of visa allows you to live in Thailand for up to one year, while not working. However, there are some requirements you will need to follow.

You should make sure you have a valid passport before applying for a retirement visa. Your country's embassy will determine if you are eligible for this visa. Then, you will need to present the required documents to the embassy or consulate.

The new rules require that you show proof that you have enough money in your bank account to support you in Thailand. To do this, you can get a financial statement from your home country. These statements are available at a few hundred baht at your local bank branch.

Another good way to show you have enough money is to open a bank account in Thailand. You can do this by showing a 12-month bank statement that shows a regular deposit of at least 65,000 baht into your Thai bank account. The required balance will differ depending on the type of retirement visa you are applying for.

You should also make sure you have health insurance. If you are planning on staying in Thailand for an extended period of time, you will need to obtain an annual health insurance certificate from your provider.

Thailand Marriage Visa

Getting a long-term Thailand visa can be challenging. You have to meet a series of requirements in order to get one. This includes proving you can afford to live in Thailand without working. You will also need to ensure that you have sufficient health insurance.

There are several different types of long-term Thai visas. Getting the right type of visa can help you avoid a headache later. However, if you're not sure, you may want to ask a representative at the Thai consulate in your home country.

A Thai Marriage Visa or non-immigrant O-A visa is a good choice if you plan to stay in Thailand for a year. You will need to deposit a minimum of 400,000 THB in a Thai bank account. You can then apply for a one-year extension.

A Startup visa is also a good choice if you are starting a business in Thailand. You will need to prove you can finance the start-up and maintain your business while you're in the country. You will need to open a Thai bank account, set up your company, and have a health insurance policy for the duration of your stay. You can expect to spend 5 to 10 days waiting for your visa to be processed.

Unlike a short-term Thai visa, a long-term visa does not require you to leave the country for 90 days. You will however, need to report your residence to the Immigration Bureau every 90 days.

Thailand Business Visa

Whether you are planning to travel to Thailand for business or tourism, you may need to obtain a Thailand business visa. There are two main types of Thai visas: a single entry visa and a multiple entry visa. A single entry visa allows you to enter Thailand once, while a multiple entry visa allows you to enter and exit the country several times during the same visa period.

To apply for a Thai business visa, you must first obtain a non-immigrant visa. The first step is to gather all the required documents. You can download an application form from the embassy's website, or submit your application in person or by mail. You will then wait for your visa to be processed.

A valid passport must be submitted with your application. Your passport should be at least six months old. You should also provide two passport-sized photographs, which must be less than six months old. You must also provide proof of sufficient funds for your stay in Thailand.

A work permit is also needed if you want to take a job in Thailand. To be eligible, you must be a highly skilled professional, with at least five years of experience in the industry you are going to work in. You also need to have an annual income of at least US$ 80,000.