Home »Engines» Airstream launches 4WD ‘Interstate 24X’ Sprinter Build for 2022
Airstream coaches are getting a little more robust with the introduction of Interstate 24X.
Would you like to take an Airstream down the (somewhat) less traveled route? Interstate 24X could be the one for you.
The Interstate 24X, launched today, adds a 4WD option to the Class B brand’s RV range. It features all-terrain tires and wheels, an advanced propulsion system, and a 24-foot floor plan that’s optimized for storage, equipment transport, and extra people.
So you will be forgiven for doing a double take and thinking, isn’t that so? Winnebago Revel? No, this model is definitely an Airstream. And if you’re still in doubt, note that it builds on the 24-foot platform Spinter, making it nearly 5 feet longer than its 4 × 4 Winnebago rival.
Coupled with Airstream’s stellar reputation, the Interstate 24X carries a hefty $ 213,850 price tag. What do you get for your quarter of a million? Continue reading.
Airstream Interstate 24X version
We haven’t had the chance to test Interstate 24X, but we did spent some time in Airstream trailers. And our impression of them was generally quite good.
We learned all about this press release today, so let’s dive into the details.
Airstream aims directly at the outdoor leisure market with the Interstate 24X. It developed this model for the “consumer desire for off-grid motorhomes with the ability to bring adventure equipment (such as bicycles, kayaks, snowboards and more)”. Built on the same Mercedes-Benz chassis as its motorized Airstream cousins, the Interstate 24X will hit the road in 2021.
The rear bedroom / living room / storage space is a versatile, convertible space for up to six passengers. Rearrange the red-stitched Simtex Marine-Grade Carbon Gray pillows and transform them into the largest sleeping area in any Class B motorhome the width and additional living space.
Interstate 24X: Storage and Organization
Interstate 24X is ready to help you move, store, and access everything you need for your next getaway. The customizable L-Track storage system for aluminum aircraft on walls, ceiling and floor allows you to hang, secure, lash and fasten your equipment.
Above the aisle, side roof compartments offer access to essentials, while additional storage compartments under the back seat offer more options for stowing supplies.
The modular table system offers four brackets positioned throughout the interior: two in the rear for use with the bench seats (or bed), one in the front where it becomes a desk for the captain’s chairs, or outside the front door where there is a standing desk, where you can work from anywhere (or an outdoor food preparation station).
It has a wet bath on board. Inside, you’ll find USB charging ports and customizable lighting, as well as factory pre-wired connectivity. It pulls up to 5,000 pounds.
“Your RV is a tool for adventure, and in creating this van we knew we had to stick with that simple idea,” said Bob Wheeler, President and CEO of Airstream. “Our design and engineering teams were able to create something that exceeded our expectations – a functional, beautiful touring coach that will take you to the edge of your adventure.”
4-wheel drive Airstream
With a 4 × 4 drive and six all-terrain tires, the Interstate 24X is the brand’s most powerful touring coach. A permanent protective coating covers the front and rear bumpers of the coach as well as the sides and wheels. Light your path with a 42-inch LED light bar and accent lighting all around.
The Interstate 24X model includes an extensive list of standard features such as:
- The Advanced Power System includes two 100Ah Deep Cycle Lithium Battle Born batteries (LiFePO4), a 30 Ampere energy management system, a 2,000 W inverter, 300 W flexible, customer-specific solar modules in military quality for the house batteries, an additional 100 W solar panel for the chassis battery and solar controller
- A 4 × 4 drive, Air Ride and six LT215 / 85R16 all-terrain tires
- 42-inch LED light bar for off-road use in the front, 2 x LED lighting for the camp side pod, 2 x LED lighting for the rear pod
- Durable body protection coating
- Highly efficient Hydronic Timberline stove and hot water system
- Modular table system with four brackets in the entire floor plan for flexibility
- Resonado speaker system with Bluetooth-enabled house radio
- Quiet series 13,500 BTU air conditioning
- Cummins Onan 2.5KW generator with remote control and automatic generator start
- Pre-wired for Airstream Connected and includes a 5G-enabled cellular antenna
- Solid Surface kitchen worktop with deep sink and cover, two-burner hob and 0.7 cu. ft. microwave
- Tank capacities: 23 gallons. (fresh), 24 gallons. (gray), 11 gallons. (black)
For more information on the Interstate 24X Touring Coach or Airstream and their full range of products, please visit www.airstream.com.