Support us! GearJunkie may earn a small commission on affiliate links in this article. Learn more.
Specialized announced a reward of $ 25,000 for arresting those responsible and returning the unique bikes.
Morgan Hill, Calif. Police are looking for a white van they believe may have been involved in the robbery of several irreplaceable bikes from the Specialized headquarters. According to the police, Burglars set out with “a large collection of unique prototype, race-winning, and privately owned motorcycles that Specialized had on display in their building”.
Specialized estimates the collection, which includes bikes ridden in the Tour de France, Olympics, and Paris-Roubaix, is valued at around $ 160,000. So valuable are the bicycles that Specialized immediately paid a $ 25,000 bounty to arrest the thieves and recover the museum bicycles.
According to the police, two vehicles were shown on the premises at the time of the robbery: a maroon Toyota 4Runner, which officers later found abandoned about 80 kilometers away, and the white panel van, which has yet to be located.
Specialized Burglary: Stolen Priceless Bikes
A representative from Specialized said To go biking The burglars set off with 16 high-quality and unique bicycles.
- S-Works Roubaix, Size 56, gold / black (ridden by Peter Sagan during his Paris-Roubaix victory)
- S-Works Fatboy, Size Large (ridden by Ned Overend during his national championship win)
- “Confused Egger, ”Size large, white / blue / red (prototype of a full-suspension racing bike)
- S-Works Venge, Size large, gray / black (specially painted for Peter Sagan for the Tour de France 2019)
- S-Works asphalt, Size 54, yellow (ridden by Fabian Cancellara at the Tour de France 2010)
- S-Works Epic, Size Large, Black (ridden by Olympic champion and world champion in cross country mountain biker Christoph Sauser)
- S-Works Epic, Size large, orange (ridden by Jaroslav Kulhavý at the 2012 Olympic Games)
- S-Works Shiv, Size 56, orange (ridden by Tony Martin at the 2012 Olympic Games)
- S-Works asphalt, Size 54, yellow / orange (driven by Trwenhlon Olympic Champion 2016 Gwen Jorgensen)
- S-Works stump jumper, Size medium, blue
- NS Fast 130 Plus 2, Blue
- Stumpjumper Pro, Size S2, blue
- Stumpjumper expert, Size S4, black
- Stumpjumper EVO, Custom Rainbow OZ Trails
- S-Works stump jumper, Size large, carbon, blue
- S-Works Crux, Size 56, green
Anyone with information about this investigation can contact Corporal Mindy Zen at (669) 253-4917 or an anonymous phone number (408) 947-STOP (7867).
By Adam Ruggiero
Adam Ruggiero is a junkie for all sports – from biking, running and (not enough) surfing to ball sports, camping and ranching. If it’s outside, it’s worth it. Adam graduated from the University of Minnesota with a BA in Journalism. Likes: unique beer, dogs, stories. Like notes: ties, escalators, manicured lawns.