Looking for a lightweight, highly portable, reliable and super stable camping stove? The Primus Lite+ is a great quality bit of kit and you can read on for our full review and verdict.
What is it?
Primus Lite+ Camping Stove RRP: £114.19
Overall Rating (4.5 / 5)
- Lightweight system stove burner locks securely to the pot when in use and packs conveniently inside with a 100g gas canister
- Fine control valve for precise flame and heat control
- Laminar Flow Burner Technology™ offers a lower center of gravity making the stove stable, lighter and more compact
- Piezo ignition, no lighter required
- Includes pot support pegs to use with any non-system pot or pan
- 0.5L hard-anodized aluminum pot with integrated heat exchanger and insulated pot sleeve
- Pot lid doubles as a cup
- Comes with a Foot Rest to attach on the gas canister for extra stability and a
- Hanging System when you can’t find a flat space to cook
What we thought
I’m going to come right out and say it. This is a superb bit of kit and must-have for lightweight backpackers and outdoor adventures.
It looks beautiful but more importantly of course, it works. We’ve used it when camping in windy conditions and it performed brilliantly and the Piezo ignition works exceptionally well.
One of the issues I’ve had with previous stoves like this is poor stability, but the Primus Lite+ has a twist-lock mechanism which secures the aluminium pot in place, and there’s also a fold-out foot which you can sit the gas canister on top of for added stability.
Controlling the gas flow was easy – I’ve seen a couple of reviews stating that the control knob is fiddly – I didn’t think so in any of the conditions I tested the stove under.
It’s also cleverly designed so that as long as you choose the smallest 100g gas canister size, everything fits inside itself for super easy transportation.
- Superb quality
- Looks beautiful
- Twist-lock mechanism and fold-out foot stand for great stability
- Automatic ignition
- Works well, even in windy conditions
- Everything, including the gas (choose the smallest 100g gas size) fits neatly inside the aluminium pot for super easy transportation
- I also love that it’s available in different colours
- It costs a little more than the nearest comparable Jetboil Zip
Overall Rating (4.5 / 5)
Despite being family campers who usually take an enormous double gas burning stove away with us, but for shorter camping trips when we take our cut-down camping set up, the Primus Lite+ has proven invaluable.
As well as use on camping trips, I’ve also found I use it every time I do an open water swim, once back on land and wrapped up in my changing robe, I like to sit beside the lake for a while with a cinnamon tea. The Primus Lite+ boils quickly so it’s ideal for those times when you need to warm up fast.
We also found that during lockdown, after walks, it was great for making a quick brew once back at the car when there was nowhere open to grab a coffee from!
The Primus Lite+ is an extremely well-made and versatile little stove, and for those who need to pack light, it makes a great alternative to something like the JetBoil Zip and is well worth considering.
DISCLOSURE | Thank you to Primus who supplied the featured product to us to test. We were not paid to write this review.
Where to next?
Shell loves all things travel and outdoors and is a nature-loving, comfy-camping kinda girl. Shell started the Camping with Style blog after a serious snowboarding accident which left her with a broken back. Despite this she used the outdoors and healing power of nature to aid her recovery and she continues to spend time outdoors whenever she can.
From snowboarding and kayaking to hill walks and meditation Shell shares her travels and microadventures here on the blog and in various publications she’s written for, Shell has a particular interest in promoting wellbeing and the many benefits of nature therapy.
Latest posts by Shell Robshaw-Bryan (see all)