Funky looking, exceptionally comfortable and extremely versatile. Everything I wanted in a sandal is supplied by the Teva Hurricane Verge. Read on for my full review.
What are you?
Women’s Teva Hurricane Verge sandal £ 75
- Quick-drying webbing made from recycled plastic with traceable, verifiable REPREVE® polyester yarn from Unifi® supports your foot and withstands abuse
- With several adjustment points you can choose the absolutely perfect fit. These sandals prevent 4 plastic bottles from ending up in landfills
- Lined with lightweight, breathable mesh that keeps your feet cool and comfortable
- The adjustable ankle strap ensures the perfect fit
- The robust EVA footbed is suitable for the whole day
- The nylon shaft stabilizes and supports your foot on uneven terrain
- Rubber outsole for durability and traction
- The additional Microban® treatment keeps odors out
- Sustainability initiative (s): Webbing made from recycled plastic with traceable, verifiable REPREVE® polyester yarn from Unifi®
What we thought
The Hurricane Verge is a reinterpretation of the popular Teva Hurricane. Teva sandals have always been popular, and for good reason, but they’ve seen a surge recently thanks to trendy young Gen Zeders who can’t get enough of them.
The Hurricane is a slightly sturdier, yet lightweight sandal that makes it a great choice for summer trails. However, I’ve found their versatile looks and performance to work well for camping, hiking, and everything in between.
I really like the adjustable straps which meant I was able to get the perfect fit and also found that one foot is a little wider than the other! I found that I had to pull the Velcro pretty far down my back to get the perfect fit, but once adjusted they fit perfectly and stayed super comfortable.
- Very comfortable and 3 high adjustable straps ensure the perfect fit
- Lightweight, which makes them easy to carry and ideal for packing
- Good grip and stability from the outsole
- Excellent quality
- I like how funky they look, and they go with pretty much any casual or sporty outfit, from jeans and leggings to shorts and hiking pants
- Robust and supportive enough to be carried on summer hikes
- Good padding so the straps don’t rub at all
Looks 4.5 / 5
Overall rating (5/5)
It’s fair to say that this and of all of my Teva sandals have been hands down my favorites for comfort, looks, and all-round versatility over the years.
Although the Teva Original Universal offers many more color options, the Hurricane Verge offers outstanding comfort. That said, I would still like to see more colors to choose from and at first really wasn’t convinced I would like the Aragon color (kind of deep pink rose / coral) but I really like it and think it goes with pretty much anything without looking too boring.
At £ 75 I think this is good value too and well worth the investment. If they bring out new colors in the future or collaborate like they did with Ann Sui, I would definitely grab another pair!
DISCLOSURE | Many thanks to Teva, who sent us the presented product for testing. We weren’t paid to write this review.
Where to go next
Shell loves everything to do with travel and the outdoors, and is a nature-loving, comfortable camping girl. Shell started the Camping with Style blog after a serious snowboarding accident that left her with a broken back. Even so, she used the outdoors and nature’s healing powers to recover, and she continues to spend time outdoors whenever she can.
From swimming in open water, snowboarding and kayaking to mountain hiking and meditation, Shell shares their travels and micro-adventures here on the blog. In various publications she has written for, Shell has a particular interest in promoting the well-being and the many benefits of natural therapy.
Latest posts by Shell Robshaw-Bryan (See everything)