What is it?
Teva Tirra Women’s Leather Sandals £70.00
- Leather upper
- Easy hook and loop closure comes to get the fit just right
- Contoured EVA footbed with arch support
- Treated with Microban®, a zinc based antimicrobial technology that helps prevent stink
- A cushioned Shoc Pad™ in the heel absorbs impact where you need it most
- Spider Original rubber outsole for durability and great traction
- Nylon shank stabilizes and supports your foot on uneven terrain
What we thought
Although these sandals were gifted, I’m a Teva customer and have bought their footwear myself in the past. One of the reasons I love Teva is that many of their sandals feature shaped footbeds with decent arch support.
I find walking in flat summer shoes that don’t have any support painful, so when it comes to sandals, I simply no longer buy anything but Teva or Birkenstock these days.
I’ve found that the casual styling of the sandals means they are pretty versatile, though due to their classic walking sandal look, I tend to prefer wearing these for daytime active use. On holiday however, (ah remember the good old days of jetting off on holiday?!), I’d happily wear these in the evening too, paired with a summer dress or wide floaty beach pants.
- Super comfortable and decent arch support
- Fully adjustable so it’s easy to find the most comfortable fit
- Great grip on the soles so I feel confident wearing them in pretty much any terrain
- True to size fit
- The classic walking sandal styling means they should appeal to most
- The heel webbing loop makes it easy to pull the sandals on
- Ideal for holiday sight-seeing when you need something comfortable to spend all day on your feet in. These will definitely be coming to Cornwall on holiday with me next month!
- I’d love to see some funkier colour options available or even just the detailing and stitching in a bright, daring colour
- They aren’t as water-friendly as Teva sandals with classic webbing straps
Overall Rating (4.5 / 5)
Although quite classic looking, these sandals are both stylish and super comfortable. They are easy to adjust via the 3 velcro straps, making it easy to get the perfect fit.
The cushioning is great and the arch support is good too, meaning that even as an over-pronator they provide enough support for me to walk miles in total comfort.
Whilst the sandals still have an adventure-ready trail look to them, due to them being leather, they also look good in a more urban environment, but the classic webbing is perhaps the version to go for if you are looking for sandals that are water-friendly.
From days at the beach and coastal summer walks to woodland walks and Waitrose shops, the Teva Tirra is a good looking and truly versatile sandal that you’ll get heaps of use from, just don’t treat them like water sandals.
DISCLOSURE | Thank you to Teva who supplied the featured product to us to test. We were not paid to write this review.
Where to next?
Shell loves all things travel and outdoors and is a nature-loving, comfy-camping kinda girl. Shell started the Camping with Style blog after a serious snowboarding accident which left her with a broken back. Despite this she used the outdoors and healing power of nature to aid her recovery and she continues to spend time outdoors whenever she can.
From open water swimming, snowboarding and kayaking to hill walks and meditation, Shell shares her travels and microadventures here on the blog and in various publications she’s written for, Shell has a particular interest in promoting wellbeing and the many benefits of nature therapy.
Latest posts by Shell Robshaw-Bryan (see all)