Use the funds from your NDIS plan to purchase your Therapy-based products
NDIS Australia Therapy-based products
The NDIS is a new way of providing individualized support. The NDIS has been designed with person-centered care as its framework.
What NDIS therapy-based supports can I claim?
0103 Assistive Product – Personal Care/Safety
0112 Assistive Equipment – Recreation
Consumables / Core supports
1. Self- Managed Plan:
Proceed to the checkout and pay for your items.
A copy of your purchase invoice will be automatically emailed to you, which you can use to lodge your claim with the NDIS.
2. Plan Managed:
– Add your items to your cart
– Click ‘Cart‘– top right hand corner
– Scroll down to the section: “Get a quote for your NDIS claim” and fill in the required fields. Press “Create Quote” button.
– Your quote will be assessed and emailed to you within 24 hours. Please check your junkmail folder if an email is not received within 1 business day.
– You can then submit the invoice directly to your Plan Manager who will complete the payment. Please ask them to put your Order number as payment reference.
– Once we receive payment, your products will be shipped.
– If you need assistance with lodging this claim, please send me an Email
3. NDIS Managed:
As soon as our verification process completes, we will update the details here!
What is the NDIS?
The NDIS provides all people with disabilities with information and connections to services in their communities such as doctors, sporting clubs, support groups, libraries and schools, as well as information about what Government supports are available.
Under the NDIS, you will have a plan that is tailored to your goals, circumstances and disability support needs.
What Therapy-based supports I am entitled to?
To be able to see what disability supports you might need, the NDIA will work with you and your family to develop a plan of tailored disability supports based on your hopes, dreams and ambitions.
The NDIS will assess all of your existing support services, go through what works for you, what doesn’t work, and make adjustments as necessary. They’ll also discuss other factors regarding your access to disability supports including any disabilities or communication needs.
To be funded, these supports must:
– be related to your disability
– be likely to be effective and beneficial
– not include everyday living costs not related to your disability support needs
– take into account informal supports provided by families, carers, networks or the community
– represent value for money.
The types of supports funded under the NDIS that relate to The Sensory Specialist may include personal care, recreational activities, core supports and consumables.