We received over 300 photo entries for the Winter Trek Photo Contest. And after the difficult but exciting task of shortlisting 10 nominations, we can say that there was tough competition between these images. You will see why!
Vote for your favorite photos below. You can only vote once. So check out all of the entries before you cast your vote.
The winner of the Trekker’s Choice Award will receive an Indiahikes Goody Bag!
The survey is open at the bottom of the page.
Here are the nominations –
1. Shlvaji Bandgar – Brahmatal Trek
This is a rare shot of Lake Brahmatal shining in the evening sun. The calm of the lake is perfectly reflected in this picture.
2. Deb Purkait – Deoriatal Chandrashila Trek
This image of the Himalayan monal caught in action is just perfect. The state bird of Uttarakhand is said to be more beautiful than the peacock.
3. Dileep Kumar – Dayara Bugyal
This image captures the Dayara Bugyal snowfields shining in the morning sunlight. It defines that hike in a single frame effortlessly!
4. Puneet Garg – Sandakphu Phalut Trek
This shot of a frozen maple leaf from Sandakphu Phalut reflects the beauty of this hike in a very simple way!
5. Shriram Kondhawekar – Brahmatal Trek
The sunset from Tilandi campsite in Brahmatal is one of our favorite things on this hike. This shot captures the winter sunset in all its glory!
6. Siddhartha Paul – Kedarkantha Trek
This picture from the Kedarkantha Trek shows the rewarding views after a long climb!
7. Vidya Sagar SR – Kedarkantha Trek
We love how sharp this shot is on the Kedarkantha Trek. You can actually trace lines on the mountains that blend into the snow!
8. Priyabrata Sahoo – Brahmatal Trek
Frozen Lake Brahmatal at an altitude of 10,440 feet looks like a winter wonderland depicted in this gorgeous photo.
9. Amit Nandu – Kedarkantha Trek
This picture of the clearings on the Kedarkantha Trek going into the woods looks like a fairy tale coming to life!
10. Vinay G – Kedarkantha Trek
These magnificent mountain ranges from the Kedarkantha Trek are so well captured that they show the picturesque landscape from the summit!
What is your favorite shot? Vote for it below!
- 1. Shlvaji Bandgar – Brahmatal Trek (30%, 384 votes)
- 8. Priyabrata Sahoo – Brahmatal Trek (21%, 260 votes)
- 4. Puneet Garg – Sandakphu Phalut Trek (19%, 237 votes)
- 10. Vinay G – Kedarkantha (17%, 211 votes)
- 5. Shriram Kondhawekar – Brahmatal Trek (5%, 57 votes)
- 6. Siddhartha Paul – Kedarkantha Trek (3%, 42 votes)
- 2. Deb Purkait – Deoriatal Chandrashila Trek (3%, 40 votes)
- 7. Vidya Sagar SR – Kedarkantha (1%, 18 votes)
- 9. Amit Nandu – Kedarkantha (1%, 8 votes)
- 3. Dileep Kumar – Dayara Bugyal (1%, 7 votes)
Total number of voters: 1.264